Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh, back to labor and delivery...

Today marks week 35, just 35 days until the due date. I woke up with some lower back pain, so I was having a little bit of an issue walking as I was making my copies and getting things ready before school. Luckily, I was doing a lot of things on LCD projector so I got to sit through most of the morning. By the time lunch was over, 3 people on different occasions made the comment that it seemed like the baby was dropping even further down and that they thought I would be heading in soon. I laughed and told them to give me at least a couple more weeks to prepare.
By the time my lunch period was over, the baby was pressing further and further down, giving me aches in the thighs and belly muscles all the way up to the rib cage. Then,I start getting a sharp pain in my right side. That's the side she likes to cram herself over into on a regular basis, so I figured she was just doing that except lower so it was feeling new. Everyone assured me it sounded like the aches associated with the baby dropping and told me to ask my doctor after school what he thought I should do to make it a bit more comfortable.
So I called and explained the situation, and despite my assurance that it was not a coming and going pain like a contraction would be the doctor recommended that I go to Labor and Delivery and get my blood pressure, urine, etc. checked. I wasn't excited about the idea of sitting at the hospital for hours again, but I went, of course.
They took my tests and hooked me up to the monitors and such and found that everything still seemed good. I was a little paranoid watching the monitors as the contraction line was not a simple, steady line like it was last time, but one with thin little mountain tops coming every few minutes.I immediately began thinking about all the things I still needed to do before the baby arrived. But, whatever those mountain tops were they must not have been concerning because after about an hour I was dismissed with no restrictions. However, Dr. Maurus requested to see me tomorrow, so it's back to the doctor's office tomorrow after school. We'll see what he has to say then!

On a more light-hearted note, some of this week's highlights in the womb: One of my sources says this week is all about putting the "finishing touches" on her development and from here on out she'll be focusing on packing on the pounds. She weighs about 5 1/2 pounds and is about the length of a sheet cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment