Thursday, March 25, 2010

the waiting game begins




I finally remembered to ask Travis to take a belly picture just before I got into bed last night. So, this is us at 38 weeks, 4 days along!

I definitely feel like I'm playing the waiting game these last few days. Tuesday night I had some mild Braxton-Hicks contractions that lasted about a minute and a half and stayed about 10 minutes apart for a couple of hours, and then they tapered off. Earlier that night I was feeling the best I had in weeks, so I took advantage of the situation by freezing some meals and getting some house chores done. Yesterday and today have just felt like time is draaaaaaaging on so very slowly. I am SO glad tomorrow is my last day at school because I can't keep up the energy much longer.

Then tonight when I got home from school I sat down and just got an overwhelming premonition that things were going to set into motion very soon. I immediately began to organize and make a couple phone calls. Since then the feeling has slightly subsided, but I still wouldn't be surprised if I ended up at the hospital in the next 24 hours. I hope for Gramma Kershaw's sake that's not the case, but I also know that if she's made up her mind there isn't a thing we can do to stop her!

No comments:

Post a Comment