Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Infant care class and 36 week check up

Last night was our infant care class. It was nice, first of all, because Travis got to switch for a day shift to go so we got to spend the night together. The class was pretty informative and I'm glad we went, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting it to be. It was more about the hospital's procedures during labor and during your two day stay there than it was about taking care of the baby once you leave, but I suppose that's okay because as everyone keeps reminding us, you can't really teach someone how to be a parent. Next week is the breastfeeding class, so I'm really looking forward to that because I know next to nothing about the entire process.

Then today after school we went in for our 36 week meeting and strep B test with Barb. She went over more information for how to know when we were really in labor, what to do, etc. Most of it was stuff we learned in the birthing class, but since that ended a month or two ago it was nice to kind of get a refresher. My weight gain is now at about 21 pounds.

Monday night was my first night of bad sleep, aside from the two nights where I've been up sick all night. I had a mixture of terrible heartburn, indigestion, muscle soreness, and perhaps a few Braxton Hicks contractions. So Tuesday was officially a "coffee-worthy" day at school and let me tell ya, one cup and I was a totally new person. I can't wait until it's back into my life on a regular basis :)

Other than that, we're just trucking right along and playing the countdown game!

No comments:

Post a Comment