Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh, how our lives have changed...

For the last week I have been making a mental note to write a special entry on July 28 to commemorate the day we found out we were pregnant. Things didn't go as planned, however, as I had a very needy baby on my hands last night. But that very idea is pretty fitting for this entry, because if there's one thing I've really learned over the last year it's that things almost never go as planned. And sometimes that's okay.

We weren't expecting to find out we were going to become parents on that sunny day in July last year, but what a blessing it has been. The entire pregnancy was full of surprises, joys, and hardships. I poured over books and websites, determined to start off on the right foot by learning as much as possible about you and your development each week. I'll never forget those amazing nights where it felt like you were playing with us, giving us little kicks to let us know your two cents in our conversations and wiggling around so much we could watch you move. I also had to learn to slow down and re-prioritize, as I couldn't be the same person I was a few months before.

And then, after what felt like an eternity and a second at the time, you were here. And motherhood has been more wonderful and challenging than I ever could have imagined. I'm still learning as I go, as I expect I will always be, but I'm truly enjoying the journey.

So it has been quite the year -- I daresay the most eventful of my life so far -- but I wouldn't change a second of it.

The real question is: Where will we find ourselves a year from NOW? :)...

1 comment:

  1. She's changed everyone's life and it's been an amazing journey to watch our son being a father. And I know your mom and dad couldn't be prouder of you than they are right now watching you become the mother you are. We love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive