Monday, July 5, 2010

Mommy and Daddy's vacation

This week was the big event: the trip to Florida that I have been freezing breastmilk for for the past 3 months. I was very stressed out the day before we left because Evalee was very needy and I had so much packing, cleaning, and organizing to do. Luckily, Grandma came over after dinner to help out. We got up at 4 a.m. for our flight and Evalee uncharacteristically woke up to eat one last time and get some kisses goodbye. We were gone for 3 days enjoying the wedding festivities for Katie and Dave.

Grandma and Grandpa say Evalee did really well while we were gone. She learned to live with eating out of a bottle, slept well at night, and did a lot of playing with her hands. I'm so thankful that she is so comfortable with them because she's starting to get more and more selective as to who she allows to hold her.

I think I did pretty good myself being apart from her for so long. I missed her a little bit every time I had to stop what we were doing to pump, but I also really enjoyed the time we spent in the ocean and at the beach and of COURSE the wedding and hanging out with Katie, Dave, Tom, and Stacey.

Our plane landed around 11 p.m. on Friday and we were home by 11:30. Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Eric left shortly after they brought us home, and Travis and I couldn't resist picking up our little sleeping angel, even though she was all tucked in for the night. Yes, she was bigger.

We very much enoyed our little getaway and are so thankful for Grandma and Grandpa for taking such good care of her, but I think it'll be a little while before we want to leave her again!
Travis and I before the wedding right when the storm was starting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive