Monday, June 4, 2012

placenta previa

When we got home, I had a message on my phone to call my midwife. I found out the the ultra sound had detected that I have a partial placenta previa, which basically means the placenta is currently partially blocking my cervix instead of being where it is supposed to be, much higher in the uterus. At this point, it's nothing to be concerned with and the placenta often moves up to where it is supposed to be on its own with no problem. However, if it does not move it may mean I will have to get a C-section and it could bring a risk of pre-term labor. It also brings a risk of bleeding during pregnancy, which could lead to more serious problems in the third trimester if things don't work themselves out. Basically I'm supposed to be very watchful for any bleeding and take it as easy as possible for a while. Lynn, the nurse, assures me it's nothing to concern myself about at this point.  Little does she know who I am... :) Anyway, I go back in to see Rita on Monday and we will talk about it more then. I will probably have another sonogram in a few weeks to see if things are changing. Until then, all we can do is wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment