Sunday, June 3, 2012

My two-year-old being a two-year-old

Sooo things have not been as smooth as I hoped they would be since we got out of school. Evalee has not wanted to nap, to put it nicely. Nap time at Judy's is usually between 12:30 and 1, so that's what I've tried to stick with. We start settling down around 12:30, and on average it has taken until about 3 p.m. to get her to sleep. She fights, she cries, she kicks the wall. If I sit with her, she stares at me and talks. If I leave her be, she gets out of bed and plays or starts breaking down the gate keeping her in.  On a few occasions, I gave up and let her go without a nap. This resulted in her hitting a wall around 6 p.m. where everything made her throw herself on the ground in frustration. Then, as if nap time isn't hard enough, bedtime is also tricky. She's been crying through her usual 9 p.m. bedtime and falling asleep finally around 10 p.m. and then getting up before 6 a.m., a good hour or more before usual. And she never needs to catch up on the sleep. It never evens itself out. It's been very hard and frustrating, to say the least. I am really hoping we get some normalcy back soon, because Mama and Daddy are tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment