Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Evalee the parrot

Eva has started imitating Travis and I to a very amusing extent. It started with our phones. Instead of taking them to chew on, as she has in the past, she now takes them to hold them to her ear and walk around the house babbling into it. Then she started carrying Travis's keys around as she talked. After that, she started taking my coffee cup in the morning, carrying it to her little Princess couch, and "sipping" away at it while she watches her morning cartoons.

But my favorite imitation of all so far happened a couple of days ago. I was making her oatmeal for breakfast and accidentally microwaved it for about 10 seconds too long, which translated to way-too-hot oatmeal that needed to cool before we could dig in. This upset Evalee to no end. So, we sat at the table and I carefully blew on each spoonful before giving it to her. She, of course, would only take 3 or 4 bites from me before insisting on feeding herself. She took the spoon and I immediately jumped to, thinking she would shovel the oatmeal in and burn her mouth. But no, instead she scooped up a spoonful, blew on it with a concentrated precision, and slowly stuck it in her mouth. I laughed until I cried as she continued to blow on every bite, her brow furrowed, and a smile filled with pride spread across her face after each successful spoonful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive