Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby movements and another trip to the doctor

The day after our baby sat stubbornly for "picture day" it was definitely rumbling about for most of the morning. At first I wasn't sure what it was -- hunger pains, gas, it's all been frequent lately. But after a few minutes, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that it was our little one exercising those ever growing limbs. It immediately put me in a euphoric state -- the kids could have been total jerks all day and nothing could have erased the smile on my face. I couldn't think of anything special I had done or ate that morning, and I haven't felt much since then. I know Daddy is awfully anxious to feel it kick himself, so hopefully the baby will be in the mood to move around for us again this weekend.

Today I went in to see Dr. Maurus. To my utter disbelief, I weighed in at the exact same weight I was back in July at my first appointment. So, so far I'm flucuated back and forth 2-4 pounds, but haven't really gained anything that stuck. The doctor isn't concerned at all though because I was a bit overweight to begin with. I'm hoping this means that perhaps it'll be a bit easier to lose the weight after the baby is born (I know, wishful thinking).

We also scheduled the sonnogram for November 16, a week from Monday. And so another countdown begins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment