Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I can feel it coming....

... the end of the first trimester! Yes, although it's still 4 weeks away I'm slowly starting to feel the way all the stuff I've been reading says I'm supposed to feel at the end of the first trimester. I can usually even go without a nap during the day, which is definitely nice for checking things off the ever-growing to-do list after school. Aside from a sore back muscle I still have from the move for reasons unknown, I feel great during the day at school. I am SO happy about that. I just wasn't sure how I'd handle getting sick at school being very far from a bathroom and with only two people in the building knowing I'm pregnant. Thankfully (and I'm hopefully I'm not jumping the gun) I haven't had to deal with that.

Instead, I usually feel my worst after supper at night. But, I just make that my excuse to lay on the couch for an hour or so :).

We've talked a bit about whether or not we want to find out the sex of the baby, and I believe I have successfully talked Travis into finding out. As much as I like the idea of the surprise, I think I would rather know ahead of time. At least for the first one. But, we still have many weeks ahead of us to change our minds so who knows :).

We have also been batting around some nursery decorating ideas. I really love the idea of finding some Muppet stuff (maybe a nice corner shelf with some Muppets and such) but so far my search for Muppet related baby materials has really fallen short. So, I don't know how plausible that is. Travis is, of course, advocating for a nice orange and blue theme if we have a boy. So, I suppose we'll have to wait and see haha.

Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. Our next doctor's appointment is September 10 and then we get to schedule the sonnogram for a couple weeks later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment