Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun weekend and reminiscing

This weekend was a fun one and our last at home before I go back to work. On Saturday morning we took Evalee to get her first professional pictures taken. She did really well and we got some gorgeous smiles out of her. Then we went out to eat and did some shopping before coming home for a little bit and then heading out to an annual party thrown by a good friend of Travis's from work. Then on Sunday (after very little sleep for all 3 parties) we made it to church, went to meet family for lunch, and then had a relaxing evening at home. I can't believe she's four months old already!

I've spent a good amount of today coming to terms with the end of summer, and even more significantly, the end of my days of spending every waking moment with Evalee. I would say it has flown by, but that's not exactly true. I was pushing her around the neighborhood tonight in her stroller and I thought about the days where pushing her in her stroller was the only thing I could do to get her to stop crying in the beginning. I remember one particular morning, after pouring a coffee cup full of orange juice setting off in the early morning sun and thinking to myself, "I can do this. I am going to make it." Haha. That feels like a lifetime ago. We have had so many good times over the last four months. I'm not going to act like this next step isn't going to be hard, but I know that one day I'll look back at this time, just like my orange juice coffee day, and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment