Sunday, January 31, 2010

A tour through the baby wing and 9 more weeks to go!

I decided to do my usual Monday night update tonight since I'm feeling lazy and computer-ish at the moment :). Yesterday was our last birthing class, so we got to tour the labor and delivery wing and the mother baby wing of the hospital. It seems like it's going to be a very accommodating and nice place to make it all happen. I appreciated how they took the time to show the coaches where everything was in the room so that while we were checking in they could be getting things ready for labor. The room we will be staying in after the baby is born seems nice too. During the tour I found out that two other women had come to labor and delivery with muscle pains to check for pre-term labor just like I had, and for some reason that made me feel a whole lot better. Even though I know I can't fully prepare myself for the whole ordeal, I really do feel like the class has at least helped me overcome my fear of it all. Of course a lot of this comfort stems from the fact that I know Travis is going to be an amazing coach and will know how to get me through it, so now I'm just praying that the baby decides to come at a time when he's not hours away!

This is a big week for little baby Kershaw. From this point on, the baby will gain about 1/2 pound each week. She can now process information from all five senses, and her lungs are the only system that has not fully matured. She can turn her head from side to side and her head, arms, and legs are starting to accumulate fat. She is a little over 16 inches long now and weighs about 3 1/2 pounds ( about the weight of 4 navel oranges).

It's hard to believe we only have 8 weekends left until the due date weekend! What's even better -- only 38 more days of work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment