Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Week 25

This week the baby is about 13 1/2 inches long -- the length of those obnoxious plastic recorders we all played in grade school. She weighs about a pound and a half. Her hands are now fully formed, and her arms and legs are almost proportional to the length they will be to the rest of her body at birth. The capillaries in her blood are starting develop, so she's finally turning more "human" colored and less translucent. :)

This week was a bit of a stressful one. It was finals week at school, so lots and lots to do there, and on top of everything my left leg was hurting all day long on Wednesday. Because the doctor had specifically mentioned to call if anything out of the ordinary was happening with my legs after all my back problems, I gave them a call. They were a little concerned that the leg cramping and aching might be a sign of poor blood circulation, so we made an appointment for the next day just to check things. The appointment went well -- I found out I am still at the 4 pound mark weight gain wise, which is good, and after checking me over t he doctor wasn't at all concerned about my leg cramping.

We got the rest of the baby's furniture in this week and the carpet came in yesterday, so we moved the dressers and a few other little things in last night. We are so excited about how it's turning out! I'm anxious to get the headboard in and set up the crib to really complete the look, but it's quite the improvement over just the course of a day!

We are very much looking forward to the holiday this week and spending time with our families. It's kind of cool -- I'm 25 weeks pregnant on Dec. 25 this week. Before we know it, we will be in the 3rd trimester and time is going to really fly by. Once school starts, I will be only 12 weeks away from my due date!





No comments:

Post a Comment