Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Harry Potter week

This week, the baby is roughly the size and length of a Harry Potter book (she's about a pound, so I'm thinking one of the bigger books like Half Blood Prince). Her sense of movement is well developed now,so she's very well-attuned to my walking around and such. She is also getting familiar with the sounds she hears often from the outside, recognizing familiar things like Dad's voice and in our case, most likely the purring of cats.

This week hasn't been too full of big events. The baby is kicking stronger and more often. Travis has finally gotten the big strong kick he's been asking her for. I have been really hungry lately so I finally feel like I'm eating for two, as the saying goes. The walls in the baby's room are finished, the furniture is in, and the carpet is ordered.

Last night, I finally broke down and bought my first "girlie" outfit for the baby. I was in St. Charles for a conference, so we went to the outlet mall to do some Christmas shopping last night. Osh Kosh B'Gosh had the cutest little brown corduroy dress on clearance and I just couldn't resist. So now on top of some onesies from a few different people, the baby now has her girlie outfit and her Chicago Bears tomboy outfit :)

Other than that, not a whole lot of new things to report. Things are going well, I'm feeling well, and I couldn't really ask for much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment