Tuesday, December 1, 2009

5 Month Dr. Appointment

It's hard to believe, but I have now been pregnant for over five months! The baby is due to come in four months and 3 days. Today we went in for my monthly doctor's visit. I have now gained just under 3 pounds, which is good news still at this point. This time the baby's heartbeat was really cool to hear -- very strong and loud around 150 bpm. The results of our sonnogram came back with no health concerns so that was a nice sigh of relief. We talked for a bit about the back pain I wrote about earlier this week, and he told me to keep a close eye on it and let him know if it gets any worse. He prepared me for the chance of bed rest if it gets worse and time goes on, but assured me at this point I didn't have anything to worry about. We also asked him a few questions about the labor process, just a few things I have been wondering since our visit to the NICU last week. He also put our minds at ease with that talk, assuring us that at this point in the pregnancy and with the health the baby and I are in, there is a less than one percent chance of things not going smoothly on the big day. We like those odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment