Monday, December 28, 2009

The last week of the 2nd trimester!!

This week, the baby is the size of a large Papa John's pizza (which didn't even occur to me as sounding fantastic until I discovered this. Now... wow does it sound great). This week the baby's eyes have fully developed, although her eyelids are still sealed shut. Air sacs are developing in her lungs, and by the end of the week it's possible that she could breath on her own. But my favorite line from this week's developments is: Break out the sparkling apple juice—baby has now completed two-thirds of her stay in Hotel Womb. Wahoo for being done with the 2nd trimester by the end of the week!!

Last week was a hectic week, but a really good one. I was feeling a little sick on Christmas Eve, but there wasn't much that could break my excitement. All day on Christmas all I could think about was how drastically different our next Christmas would be -- and how exciting that was! We were so happy we were able to make it to all our families' Christmas functions and see everyone. It was especially exciting to see Alexis and her growing little baby bump.

The baby even received two presents this year -- a cute outfit from Grandma Kershaw (surprise surprise, the shirt said something about how much she loves her grandma haha) and a recorded Twas the Night Before Christmas book from Grandma Adams and Uncle Eric (which may or may not have gotten me a little misty-eyed listening to it).

Today was my 6 month check up with Dr. Maurus. The baby's heartbeat was really strong and clear -- staying consistent at 150 bpm. I have gained about 2.5 pounds since the last time I went, bringing me to a grand total of almost 7 pounds gained so far. I go back in two weeks from now to get tested for gestational diabetes and a couple other things, but so far so good on the health front.

This week is going to be all about getting the house organized, catching up on some much needed relaxing, and enjoying my time at home before I start the last leg of this school year (just 12 short weeks until I'm done!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment