Thursday, July 30, 2009

me being me

From the minute I found out I was pregnant, all I wanted to do was read as much as I can about pregnancy.Aside from Molly, I really haven't had anyone close to me go through a pregnancy(at least not during the years where I would think to pay attention to the pregnancy). In short, I'm clueless.

So when Barb handed me that white shiny book, a wave of relief washed over me. With a book full of facts, I felt in control. And anyone who knows me knows how much I need to be in control.

Now, I'm not naïve enough to think a few books will rule out all the elements of surprise in the next 9 months (and 10 and 11 and 12...). I know there aren't enough books in the world to totally prepare me for this. But it was the little things, like learning how many extra servings of calcium I need a day or what to do if I wake up feeling like I'm going to be sick. Learning small ways to take it one day at a time and do the best things I can for my little peanut is exactly what I needed.

So, I read the first 100 pages of my white shiny book. When I got to the sentence: "Your pregnancy is heading for its conclusion. Your baby is about to arrive. With your labor day close at hand, the day-to-day changes of your pregnancy soon will be a distant memory" - I decided I had probably read far enough for one night :).

One day closer to the big move-in day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment