Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Appointment

Today we went in for our first official baby appointment. We didn't see the doctor yet, but we did get to meet the RN, Barb, who I hope we get to see a lot more of. It was nice to put a face with the lady who was first to tell us that we were expecting :). I was relieved to get a wealth of handouts filled with information and a book from her, all of which I plan on settling down with in the coming days.

The most frustrating part of the visit was not finding out when exactly the baby is expected to arrive! Due to complications I won't bore you with now, the baby could be anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks old. We set a tentative due date at April 5 and an appointment for an early sonnogram August 11 to (hopefully) find out for sure! That's also the day of our first visit with our doctor.

The excitement is really starting to set in now, for the both of us I think. I think I will be much more at ease once we tell our families (I'm not a big fan of secrets, especially not secrets this big!) But, we also want to tell everyone at the same time and most importantly, in person, so I know we have to wait until next weekend when the family comes up for our big move. I hope everyone is just as excited about the baby as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment