Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baby update

I had my 34 week appointment with my midwife this week along with my last ultrasound to be sure the placenta has totally moved out of the way of my cervix to make way for baby's grand exit. It was interesting to watch an ultrasound at this stage of the pregnancy because the baby was so big. At times it was neat to catch glimpses of fat little body parts like legs and arms (and we double checked -- no doubt that she's a girl as well!) that are so well-developed now, but it was a lot harder to decipher things since the screen can only show so much at a time. Still we got a nice little glimpse at her tiny face, and the tech even concluded that she could see that she has hair already. With the heartburn I've been having, I wasn't shocked. The measurements and estimations put her due date on the exact same date again, October 20, and weighed her in at an estimation of 5 lbs 6 ounces already! My weekly email for this week said the average fetus is about 4.75 pounds right now, so maybe we're going to have a big baby girl on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment