Thursday, April 1, 2010

Not your typical spring break

Well, we're just about 3 days away from the due date and we still have no baby. I know it's common for people to go over with their first babies, but when there seem to be so many signs of an early baby over and over again I guess you just start believing it's going to happen! I'm honestly not getting bummed about it or letting it ruin these beautiful days we have been having. We have been getting phone calls, texts, emails, and facebook messages non-stop though, at least 8 a day I would say. It's very touching to see how excited our friends and family are about her arrival, but the repetitive "nope, still no baby" conversation starts to wear on you day after day.

I've kept busy this week giving the house a good thorough cleaning -- I don't think "nesting" as much as just realizing I probably won't have the time or energy to do it again for quite a bit coming up. I got a lot done Monday and Tuesday, but mom came over today and we really tackled the rest (she was pretty crucial in doing all the things I was avoiding out of necessity). I know we will be having lots of visitors after she's born, and I feel so much better knowing the house won't look like a disaster when they come.

I have noticed a shift in my energy and hormones this week. I've been a lot more edgy, weepy, and overly-excited about small things. I've also noticed that the smallest things -- like walking up and down the aisles at the grocery store -- are becoming a challenge. I feel like the longer I stand up, the more pressure builds on my bladder and pelvic floor.

So, I've decided to spend the next couple days attempting something new: scrapbooking. I'm not an artsy person and I have never been known for being visually-minded, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I am not going to go too crazy, as I know you can end up spending hundreds of dollars pretty fast if you don't watch it. But I've put together some pictures and memories from the last nine months (including some blog entries!) and we will see what I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment