Monday, September 14, 2009

Dr. Appt #2 and the big day

I went to see the doctor for the second time on September 10. I was anxious to see what we'd talk about and/or do, but it ended up being quite short. They took my blood pressure and weighed me (I had lost 2 pounds) and told me to get a flu shot. Because I'm pregnant AND I'm a teacher, I'm just about the first in line to get the H1N1 vaccine so we talked about that for a bit too. The entire thing was done in about 6 minutes. BUT -- I did get my question answered. According to my doctor, if I'm 11 weeks pregnant, I should be reading about week 11 in books. It doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm an English teacher and he's the doctor so I'll go ahead and listen.

On Saturday we had the annual Parchert family fish fry, which has quickly turned into one of my favorite days of the year. We decided it was a perfect time to start telling the family, since 55 or so of my family members would be all together that day. I was too nervous to make the announcement myself, so I asked mom to do it in a nice Parchert fashion -- over the dinner prayer. It was really nice to share that moment with everyone. From what I understand, Grandma Kershaw cheated and started making her phone calls Friday night. You really have to watch her :).

Then today, I made the announcement at school to the faculty and my students. My students were very excited, moreso for the caramel apple suckers than the news, but it was still nice to hear the congratulations from them as well.

It's just been a wonderful past few days of well wishes and love -- a nice reminder of how many great people we have in our lives!

Next up is the 12 week sonnogram, which is actually on week 13, on September 29. I'm very, very excited to hear the heartbeat and see (hopefully at least parts) of our new little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment