Sunday, August 24, 2014

Daddy's 30th and our Drive In Night

With Daddy on vacation during his birthday week, we decided to kick things off right with a trip to the Muscatine Weed Park water park (which was awesome) and then a trip to the drive in that night. Since it was a Monday night, it wasn't crowded at all, and we got a front row parking spot for the shows. This year we saw Planes 2 and The Muppets Most Wanted. Izzy made it through the first movie, but fell asleep after her MnMs ran out at the beginning of the second. Evalee, however, did not struggle in the least to stay awake through both movies. At 12:30 a.m. as we were packing up to leave, she was still bright-eyed and happy to be there. The night continues to be one of my favorites of the whole year, and I'm so glad we started this tradition. I know I won't have many years of being snuggly with the girls during the movies, so I did my best to breathe in the moments.















No comments:

Post a Comment