Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Trimester -- in the books!

It's odd.
 I really did not feel well during most of the first trimester. Despite the fact that I didn't find myself throwing up (thank goodness) often or anything like that, I did spend a lot of time groaning on the couch and not eating dinner. Some nights it was very difficult to come up with anything I wanted to have for dinner.
However, I feel like time is totally flying by! Maybe it's because I don't have as much free time to sit and think about things like I did last time, but I couldn't believe it when the calendar told us the first trimester was over!
I'm not sure how much weight I've gained so far. I didn't know what my exact weight was before I got pregnant! I have lost about 5 pounds from the first doctor's appointment until now. I'm not too worried about it though because I'm sure I'll gain it back in no time!
The pregnancy being so different this time really kept me on my toes and made me nervous at times. I was worried when I was sick, I was worried when I wasn't. I counted down the days and the hours until I'd finally get to come in for my first appointment to listen for the baby's heartbeat. It was during spring break, so Evalee got to come along with us.
"Now we can't always hear it this early," the nurse assured me as we got things ready. I nodded, knowing the paranoia would increase dramatically if we couldn't find it yet. I held my breath. Thankfully, God knew how much I needed those little whooshes. After just a few moments, there it was. Whoosh whoosh whoosh. Happiness. Relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment