Friday, September 23, 2011

Casey and Chris Fair's wedding

This weekend we drove down to Springfield and then eventually to Hillsboro to celebrate Casey and Chris's wedding. After I finished my class sponsor duties at the homecoming football game, we decided to hit the road and drive down to Aunt Molly and Uncle Adam's house while Miss Eva was asleep in the back. We were pretty tired by the time we got there, so it made perfect sense that Eva decided to wake up once we got there! Eventually we all made it to bed and rested up for a full day of cousin bonding the next day.


The kids stayed with the Daddies while Molly and I headed out Saturday morning to hit the Springfield twin sale. I was missing garage sale priced shopping, so I had a great time finding some winter wear for Eva... along with a few other ridiculous purchases (like a coat she won't be big enough to wear until she can make her own peanut butter and jelly sandwich). Then we headed to Grandma Kershaw's house for lunch and more playing until it was time to head to the main event. With all the excitement, Eva didn't get a nap at the normal time, so she was in a bit of a weird funk when we went into the church. We used up all our "be quiet" activities around the time Casey walked down the aisle, so Travis and Eva missed most of the wedding :(. But we all got to congratulate the bride and groom and chat at the reception.

The reception was absolutely beautiful and we had a good time. The food was perhaps some of the best wedding food I have ever had, in fact. Eva found the table that had bowls filled with Sweet tarts at around 7 p.m., so her energy level was through the roof for most of the night.

We had a great time catching up with everyone. I just wish my camera would have been functioning a little better so I could have captured a few more sweet moments. The best picture I got of the night was of my beautiful goddaughter, so I suppose we can call it a success... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment