Monday, January 17, 2011

A sleep update.

Tonight will be night four of letting Evalee cry herself back to sleep. The first night was awful. She woke up at 12:35 crying, and I followed all of my rules set before me. After 5 minutes, I went in and rubbed her back and told her she was okay, and she threw her arms around me and sobbed into my neck. Walking away broke my heart. She then proceeded to cry until 1:13. I know it was 1:13 because I stared at the clock through watery eyes, thinking "Dr. Moen assured me she'd be fine in under 30 minutes." He was close. I cried twice as long as she did.

She then woke up again around 6, and since I was allowed to give her a bottle after 4 or 5, I pranced into her room, snatched her up, and soaked in our cuddle knowing as soon as that small bottle was gone I'd have to lay her right down and let her cry again. Fortunately for all of us, the bottle put her back to sleep. She then slept until 7:45, quite the record for the last few months.

On night two, I went in a little hesitant because Saturday Eva spent all day in a funk. She obviously did not feel well, and I wasn't too keen on letting her cry in the night since I thought she'd be in pain. I also didn't want to take one step forward and two steps back. Fortunately, she woke up only once and Travis got her back to sleep quickly. Church time came and we had to wake her up to get her dressed (always sucks haha).

Last night she didn't wake up at all until 6 a.m. Seeing Travis seems to go better than seeing me, so I sent in my troops armed with a pacifier and a quick back rub. While she continued to cry a tired, half-hearted cry until 7, it was much less painful as it was clear she was barely upset enough to continue making noise.

We shall see what tonight brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment