Monday, November 22, 2010

catching up. sorta.











Things have been a bit crazy around here lately. I feel like I begin every post that way. We've had visitors the last couple of weekends, so the blog, and the dishes, and the laundry, and my schoolwork have all been taking a backseat lately. This is, of course, coming back to bite me as I now have a stack of papers on my desk that is no less than 20 inches high.
But, enough about that. On to more interesting things :). Our little Boo is growing and growing. She has started army crawling all over the house lately. Last night Travis and I watched as she chased a cat down the hall (fruitlessly), journey into the bathroom for a tick, then head on into the kitchen to play with my skillets (a favorite toy of hers, unfortunately).
We also had a little bit of sickness last week. I woke up one night to the sound of Evalee clearly her throat repeatedly, so I immediately rushed to her bedside and picked her up just in time to get covered in projectile vomit. So, I called Travis and he took her while I changed clothes, only to then get covered in vomit himself. She threw up 4 or 5 times in a half hour, so we called the 24 hour on call doctor for a bit of direction. Since she wasn't running a fever, he didn't see a need to bring her in. I was afraid to lay her back down again, in fear that she would choke again, so we slept together in the ol' lazyboy.
Since then, she hasn't really been herself some days. Sometimes we think she's teething, other times maybe an ear infection, but it's still a mystery. We have also started transitioning her to formula, more out of necessity than anything, which also may be the cause of her upset tummies lately. The formula thing is truly breaking my heart, as I continue to try to keep up with her demand pumping at work, but it's becoming more and more apparent that my efforts aren't quite enough. I know my goal was originally only to make it to 6 months, but I'm still kind of depressed that it's coming to an end. It's funny -- something that I dreaded so often and loved sometimes, and I'm holding onto it like it's my last refuge. Hormones can do funny things I guess.
Evalee also had a sleepover this weekend with Grandma and Grandpa so we could celebrate our anniversary this weekend. It was a fabulous day filled with shopping, couch buying, massages, and lots and lots of sleeeep :).

No comments:

Post a Comment