Thursday, February 11, 2010

Food

Someone suggested that I keep a list of foods that the baby and I have enjoyed throughout the pregnancy to refer back to in the future. I thought it seemed like a fun idea!

For breakfast, we went through about a 3 month stint of strawberry oatmeal and two glasses of orange juice every single morning. It never failed to sound great! Recently we have been mixing some waffles in with the oatmeal to bring a bit of excitement into the morning routine, but the orange juice is a MUST. Sometimes, orange juice sounds so good we get up at 3 a.m. to chug a glass!

Lunch at school always consists of leftovers from that week's dinners, yogurt (usually raspberry or strawberry-banana), a piece of fresh fruit, and something else that sounded good that week at the grocery store (usually salad, rice krispies, or cookies haha).

Dinners, however, have always proved to be a challenge. In the first trimester, dinner never sounded appealing, and I ended up having Tombstone pizza 2 or 3 times a week. Taco salads, spaghetti, vegetable beef soup, and cheeseburger soup have proven to be the most popular once my appetite came back.

Snacks that I have really taken to include clementines (for the latter part of November, all of December, and most of January I had at least one a day), peanut butter and chocolate chip granola bars, bananas with peanut butter, and most sinful of all: chips and dip or Chips Ahoy cookies (which never sounded appealing pre-pregnancy, odd enough). In the past month or so, I've taken to making a fruit smoothie at night 3 or 4 times a week with raspberries, strawberries, peaches, and orange juice (okay, and maybe a little raspberry sherbet haha).

I have consumed a ridiculous amount of orange juice, Crystal Light, tea, root beer, water with lemon, and Dr. Pepper. I also always have apple juice and cranberry-pomegranite juice on hand.

There haven't been too many foods that have sounded truly terrible, but there have been a few. I haven't been able to bring myself to eat green beans (which of course makes the bags of beans I froze from the garden last summer such a sad sight in the freezer). Chicken and sloppy joes have also never sounded like a good idea, and both times I made them I couldn't bring myself to eat them.

There you have it -- all I can think of for now :). I'm going to try to add to my list as I think of the things I know I'm already forgetting. I guess it's a good thing I'm writing all of this down now before my pregnant brain turns into mommy brain, which I hear isn't much of an improvement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment