Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to the Grind

We have now officially made it through the first week of school, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't totally kick my butt. The temperatures have been mild compared to the summer we had, but I'm still sweating like a beast through the day and by the time I get home my batteries are pretty close to "E". Unfortunately, Evalee's batteries don't do "E". So, I definitely count down the minutes until Daddy gets home to take over the running and chasing and fetching. On top of that, I've started getting very bothersome heartburn at night, which has me up around 2 a.m. until after 3, and then again at 4 a.m. until 5 or so, so I haven't been getting the solid sleep I need to get through the school day. I know I have to get used to waking up in the night again, but I also know I won't at least be dealing with the everyday fatigue of being pregnant when I'm doing that. It's just been really frustrating and makes for a tough work day. There are only 9 weeks left, and as my mother reminds me, I just have to keep taking it one day at a time.

On a brighter note, Evalee is doing very well at her new babysitter's house. She eats a nice, nutritious lunch when she's there and takes a good nap for her. She always seems to be having lots of fun when I get there to pick her up. I'm so grateful that she's so well taken care of and so near by.

September is going to be one busy month filled with Fall Festival, Homecoming, our annual trip to the apple orchard with Grandma for her birthday, a wedding, and the annual Parchert Family Fish Fry! I'm kind of tired just thinking about it, but I know it's going to be a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment